Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Physical Education and Sport Vision
Physical Education and Physical Activity are crucial elements of developing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
At Harrietsham Church of England Primary School, we aim to provide as many opportunities as possible for our pupils to be active, play team sports and improve their individual coordination skills. We encourage and support attendance at after school sport clubs.
During school time, all children will participate in two hours of PE a week which will help ensure our children and staff understand the benefits and principles of being healthy and active.
This financial year we are receiving approximately £17630 .
The main aim is to raise the profile of Physical Education by ensuring that
- all staff have the skills and confidence to teach appropriate, exciting and active lessons to the children
- games, gymnastics, dance and athletics will be covered
- the children will want to attend more sports and health-related clubs
- the children (and parents) understand the important link and difference between P.E. during curriculum time, sport and healthy living
- there are continuing opportunities for children to take part in competition both in school and against other schools
There are other aims too, but these are the ones we will be concentrating on in the first instance. Mrs Frost is currently coaching teachers during PE. This is the most important aspect; to ensure the staff have the skills and confidence to teach high quality P.E lessons. Our staff have always ensured that the children have two hours of P.E. each week and the lessons have always been varied and active, but with specialist support, these lessons will be enhanced and the children will gain improved skills. The aim is also for the children to become more self-motivated so that they want to participate in more after-school clubs both in school and externally.